PROMOTING RESEARCH & SCHOLARSHIP ON THE ARTIST
AMEDEO MODIGLIANI (1884-1920)
Modigliani in his studio on the rue Ravignan, 1915-16
THE MODIGLIANI PROJECT
The Modigliani Project's catalogue raisonné process for paintings has been launched, but it is still in progress. We will have our first Committee meeting on September 25 and 26, 2019. Owners of paintings believed to be by the hand of Amedeo Modigliani can have their paintings considered for inclusion in our catalogue raisonné. Here is the process:
• Download the Submission Form below.
• Scan the Form upon completion and e-mail it back to us, accompanied by any supporting documentation: cr[at]modiglianiproject.org. This is the e-mail address that should be used for all communication about the catalogue raisonné, including technical assistance with the submission process.
• We will contact you to pay the non-refundable $5000 submission fee via PayPal or bank transfer.
Once we receive all of your documentation and submission fee:
• We will send you a Scientific Analysis Protocol (which may include pigment analysis, X-ray, infrared, canvas weave, etc.) for you to have your work tested by a Conservator. If you like, we can suggest Conservators in the New York area.
• We will give you the address for the upcoming Committee meeting, at an art shipping and storage facility in mid-lower Manhattan. PLEASE DO NOT DELIVER ANY PAINTING AT ANY TIME TO THE MODIGLIANI PROJECT OFFICE.
© The Modigliani Project; all rights reserved.